JACKSONVILLE, OR. — One person is dead and two others were hospitalized from an apparent drug overdose at a Britt Festival concert on Thursday night.
In a statement, Britt said that three people were identified that night who appeared to be "displaying the symptoms of a drug overdose from an unknown substance." The three were together, and notified paramedics at the venue that they had taken the drug before they arrived at the concert.
Paramedics, security and staff from the venue worked quickly with emergency personnel when they arrived to stabilize the three, who were then transported to Asante for treatment.
One of the individuals later died in the hospital, according to Jacksonville Police. The party consisted of two men and a woman, and it was one of the men who passed away. The substance that caused their apparent overdose is still unknown at this time.
In the statement, Britt said that they extend their "deepest sympathy for the family and others impacted by this incident."
The condition of the other two people in the overdose incident is unknown at this time, but they remain hospitalized according to Jacksonville Police.
The performance on Thursday, August 16 at the Britt featured the "Free Rein Summer Tour 2018" with Rebelution, Stephen Marley, Common Kings and Zion I.
- Britt: One Dead, Two Hospitalized After Drug Overdose at Reggae Concert
- Britt Fest Moves Orchestra Concerts Inside
- Britt Orchestra Concerts Move Indoors Due to Smoke
- Britt Announces Guitar Weekend Workshop
- Britt Unveils 2017 Fine Arts Poster
- Britt Festival Announces Lineup, Gourmet Food Options
- Jacksonville Businesses Prepare for Britt Festival Goers
- Britt Festival Opens Tickets to Public
- Britt Announces Full 2017 Season Lineup
- Britt Fest's 2018 Season: Announcement Part 1