UPDATE: Police have confirmed that a body found near Autzen Stadium was a passenger in the car that crashed near Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard and Kinsrow Avenue in Eugene on Friday morning. Officers have not released the names of the driver or passenger.
(Updated as of 3:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15. Reporting from KEZI News)
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Eugene police say a body was found in heavy brush hours after a rollover crash in which the suspected drunken driver said he was not carrying any passengers.
Police spokeswoman Melinda McLaughlin says the Kia sedan driven by a 22-year-old man rolled off the road at 2:30 a.m. Friday. The man told officers he had been driving alone.
After sunrise, a woman walking near the area noticed a hand poking out of the brush. Police responded and found the body.
Though the investigation isn't over, police say the deceased person was likely a passenger in the vehicle and not a pedestrian who got hit.
McLaughlin says the suspect has so far only been cited for drunken driving.
- UPDATE: Body Found in Brush Hours After Oregon Rollover Crash
- Mans Body Found Along Oregon Beach
- Medford Man Dies in Rollover Crash in Northeast Oregon
- UPDATE: Driver in Rollover Crash Near Ashland 'Miraculously' Unharmed
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Central Point Man Killed in Rollover Crash
- Driver Is Minimally Injured After Rollover Crash
- Body of Missouri Man Found Near Oregon Railroad Tracks
- Police Believe Body Found In Dayton Is Missing Oregon Mother
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- UPDATE: Missing mother found