MEDFORD, Ore. —
UPDATE: Just a few hours after the incident, Medford Police say they have arrested a man suspected of robbing Wells Fargo just before noon on Monday.
MPD officer and detectives responded to the robbery right around noon. Bank employees confirmed that a man had entered the bank alone and demanded money. After they gave him an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled on foot.
While there were several customers in the bank at the time of the robbery, MPD says that no one was injured. Officers searched the area around Wells Fargo for the suspect, but were unable to locate him.
After questioning witnesses and watching surveillance footage, MPD identified the suspect as 21-year-old Scout Mountain. At 2:40 p.m., an officer spotted Mountain walking in the 200-block of N Riverside.
The officer arrested Mountain without incident, and the suspect was then lodged in the Jackson County Jail. Mountain has been charged with Robbery 2 and Theft 1, with bail set at $107,500.
MPD says that their Forensic Technician processed the crime scene and collected evidence.
(Updated 9/10/18 at 4:30 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A man who claimed to be armed robbed the Wells Fargo bank in Medford on Monday, according to the Medford Police Department (MPD).
The robbery occurred around noon at the Wells Fargo branch on 1320 E McAndrews Road.
At this time the suspect appears to still be at large. MPD says that he was a white man in his early 20s, between 5'6" and 5'9", with no easily discernible features. He presented a note to the teller indicating that he was armed and demanding money. The suspect left with an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot.
This is a developing story, and NewsWatch 12 will update this article with more details as they emerge.
- UPDATE: Medford Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested Just Hours Later
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Medford Police Arrest Bank Robbery Suspect
- Police Arrest Suspect in Medford Taxi Cab 'Armed' Robbery
- Medford Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspect
- Suspect in Grants Pass Umpqua Bank Robbery Arrested
- Bank Robbery and Stabbing on Crater Lake Avenue In Medford
- UPDATE: Suspect Arrested in Medford Standoff After SWAT Breaches Door
- Medford Post Office Offers Holiday Retail Hours
- Providence Medford Nurses Picket for Better Hours