PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The Northwest Avalanche Center has issued an avalanche warning for the Mount Hood area in northwestern Oregon.
The warning is in effect until 6 p.m. Saturday.
Experts say rain or heavy, wet snow combined with very strong winds are resulting in widespread avalanches.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/27/2018 1:12:59 PM (GMT -8:00)
- Avalanche Warning Issued For Mount Hood Area
- One Climber Is Dead After Perilous Day On Mount Hood
- Climber Stranded on Mount Hood Went There to End His Life
- Winter Storm Warning Issued for Siskiyou County
- Small Earthquakes Near Mount St Helens
- Mount Ashland to Re-open Friday
- Documentation of Wolves Near Oregon's Mt Hood New Benchmark
- Hood River Fire Prompts Columbia River Gorge Evacuations
- California Ski Resort Open A Day After Avalanche
- Oregon Hiker Dies after Falling Off Mount Storm King