ASHLAND, Ore.- During this five day festival that brings in thousands of people into Ashland, there are only 7 paid staff members.
But there are 350 volunteers that hold the festival together.
Our team spoke with one of them that comes back volunteering year after year for almost 2 decades now.
William Heimann, a volunteer with AIFF says, "What are they here for their here to see family and enjoy themselves and if you can interact with them you get some of that pleasantness but they bring to the film festival."
Heimann has enjoyed his retirement for almost 30 years now. He likes being the first face people see as they walk into the festival.
The film festival is one of the city's signature events, bringing in people and filmmakers from all over the country.
If you want to catch one of the 100 films being shown, Monday April 16th is the last day of this years' festival.
You can find the full lineup in our previous coverage by clicking here.
- Ashland Man Celebrates 17th Year Volunteering with AIFF
- AIFF Tickets on Sale
- AIFF'S 2016 Preview Event
- Benefit Screening Supports AIFF
- AIFF Celebrates Diversity Through the Art of Film
- 11th Annual AIFF Oscar Gala Celebrates Local Winner
- Ashland Water
- Ashland Prepares For Independence Day Celebration
- AIFF Gears Up 2016 Festival
- AIFF Releases 2016 Film List