ASHLAND, Ore.- The Ashland Independent Film Festival and Coming Attractions Theatres is hosting an AIFF benefit screening of CALL ME BY YOUR NAME with screenplay by AIFF Honorary Board Member and 2017 AIFF Lifetime Achievement Honoree James Ivory.
The screening is Friday, January 19 at 6pm & 9:10pm. It's held in the Varsity Theatre on 166 East Main Street in Ashland. Regularly priced tickets are $9. Ashland Independent Film Festival members receive a $2 discount off of the regular ticket price at the Box Office for the benefit screening.
The plot goes as follow:
In the summer of 1983, in the north of Italy, Elio Perlman, (Timothée Chalamet) a 17- year-old American spends his days in his family’s 17th century villa lazily transcribing music and flirting with his friend Marzia (Esther Garrel). One day Oliver (Armie Hammer), a 24-year-old graduate student working on his doctorate arrives as the annual summer intern tasked with helping Elio’s father (Michael Stuhlbarg), an eminent professor specializing in Greco-Roman culture. Soon, Elio and Oliver discover a summer that will alter their lives forever. CALL ME BY YOUR NAME, directed by Luca Guadagnino and written by James Ivory, is based on the novel by André Aciman.
- Benefit Screening Supports AIFF
- Benefit Screening of "Mustang" Supports AIFF
- AIFF Benefit Screening: Oscar Nominated Shorts
- AIFF Benefit Screening: Call Me by Your Name
- AIFF'S Benefit Screening of Author: The JT LeRoy Story
- AIFF Co-Hosts Benefit Screening of "Captain Fantastic"
- AIFF Tickets on Sale
- AIFF'S 2016 Preview Event
- AIFF Gears Up 2016 Festival
- AIFF Releases 2016 Film List