MEDFORD, Ore. — A Medford chiropractor is guilty of sexual abuse charges after ten women came forward to accuse him early this year, according to court documents. Scott Cooper is the owner of Cooper Chiropractic, a practice on Main Street in Medford.
Victims began coming forward in January, accusing Cooper of inappropriate touching during appointments. By the time Cooper was formally charged in February, there were 31 counts of sexual abuse and harassment leveled against him by ten different women.
The Jackson County District Attorney's Office said that Cooper was interviewed by Medford Police detectives, and admitted to his "unlawful behavior."
Initially pleading Not Guilty to all of the charges, Cooper changed his pleas to either No Contest or Guilty on 13 counts. 18 charges were dismissed.
All told, Cooper is now guilty of 12 counts Sex Abuse in the Third Degree, and one count Sex Abuse in the Second Degree.
The D.A.'s Office said in a statement that Cooper will serve four years in prison. He also must register as a sex offender, and cannot work in the chiropractic or massage field ever again.
- Medford Chiropractor Guilty on Multiple Counts of Sexual Abuse
- Medford Chiropractor Indicted on 31 Counts of Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- Client Shocked By Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Chiropractor
- Medford Chiropractor Arrested On Sex Crime Charges
- Medford Man Arrested for Sexual Abuse of Middle School Girls
- Bill Cosby Found Guilty on All Counts
- Accused Medford Coffee Stand Bandit Found Guilty
- More Than 90% of Sexually Abused Children Know Their Abuser
- Volunteer Accused of Sexually Abusing Kindergartener
- UPDATE: Former Principal Arrested for Sexual Abuse