MEDFORD, Ore. — A teenage boy is being charged as an adult after a crash near Eagle Point that killed two people on a motorcycle. 17-year-old Zachry Kindred was arrested at the scene for Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants (DUII).
In addition to a DUII, Kindred has been charged with two counts of Manslaughter in the Second Degree for the deaths of 60-year-old Daniel Foster and 54-year-old Catherine Hock, both from Trail.
Police say that Kindred was driving a Ford Mustang that crossed the center-line and hit Foster and Hock's motorcycle head-on. There were two other juveniles in Kindred's Mustang at the time. None of the teens were seriously hurt.
Charges against Kindred were made official after witness testimony from Sergeant Mike Benson and Trooper Wyatt Merrit of Oregon State Police (OSP), which took about fifteen minutes. A Grand Jury deliberated for less than five minutes before announcing Kindred's indictment.
Kindred's bail has been set at $500,000. A future court appearance will be scheduled at the Jackson County Circuit Court at a later date.
Now, the family of Catherine "Cat" Hock have started a GoFundMe page to raise funds for her funeral and legal expenses, which can be reached here.
(Updated as of 4:55 p.m. on Tuesday, May 22 to reflect Kindred's indictment)
- Teenager On Trial After Accident that Killed Two on Motorcycle
- UPDATE: Teenager Found Safe
- Grants Pass High School Student Killed in Skateboard Accident
- Woman Killed in Memorial Day Rogue River Rafting Accident
- Oregon Trails: Murder Trial
- Roseburg Teenager Pleads Not Guilty in Family Slaying
- Motorcycle Fire Most Likely Caused by Mechanical Issue
- Motorcycle crash creates delays on I-5 near Exit 27
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims of Crash Between Motorcycle and Car
- Crash Between Van & Motorcycle in Grants Pass Injures One