MEDFORD, Ore.-- Neighbors who live on Tahitian Avenue say they didn't know the family that ran “Family Friendly Daycare” very well.
Neighbors say they only saw a handful of kids go into the home at a time.
Some people didn’t even know a daycare operation was being conducted on their block.
Neighbor says, "I was really disturbed and I immediately texted my husband about it. You can't ever be sure who will be safe, but to have it strike this close to home is upsetting."
32-year-old Andrew Conaway, who ran the daycare with his wife, has been arrested and accused of multiple sex abuse charges.
Conaway is accused of abusing children younger than 6 years old.
Police believe the abuse happened at that daycare.
His charges including sodomy and private indecency.
His bail is set at just over two million dollars.
Court documents show the abuse occurred sometime between August 2016 and this month.
Neighbors say while they're not too familiar with this daycare, they say make sure you check out where you're sending your kids.
Things like asking for references and to see a license, as well as taking a tour of the home could help parents go with their gut.
If you have any information about this case, call the Medford Police.
- Neighbor Reacts To Daycare Worker Arrest
- Daycare Owner Arrested For Sex Abuse Of Two Children
- Neighbors Shocked at Gun Point Robbery
- Neighbors Help Knock Down Sterling Creek Fire
- Local Ranch Houses Animals of Evacuated Neighbors
- Tiny Workers in the Garden
- Dealing with Challenging Co-Workers
- Solar Company Reacts To New Tariff
- Locals React to 'Safe Gun Storage' Petition
- Police: Workers Saved Lives with School Lockdown