GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Oregon State Police (OSP) have announced the identity of the body recovered from the Rogue River on February 16, 2018. They say that the man was 27 year-old Ryne Nace, who has been missing since January 12.
A rafter found Nace's body near the Graves Creek area, about 1/4 of a mile downriver from the Graves Creek boat launch. OSP and the Josephine County Sheriff's Office were able to recover the body from the river.
On Wednesday, February 21, the state medical examiner performed an autopsy of the body and positively identified the man as the missing Nace.
Nace was last seen camping near the Argo boat ramp, about four miles upriver from where his body was found. Evidence from the autopsy did not find anything suspicious about the manner of Nace's death. The OSP statement did not, however, reveal Nace's cause of death.
- Body Found Near Graves Creek Bridge Identified
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In Single-Car Crash Near Robertson Bridge
- Body of Missouri Man Found Near Oregon Railroad Tracks
- UPDATE: Body Found in Brush Hours After Oregon Rollover Crash
- Butte Creek Mill Begins Deconstruction
- Police Identify Man Found Dead in Downtown Medford
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- LA Motorist In Grave Condition After Car-To-Car Shooting
- Grave Robber Strikes Eternal Hills Cemetery in Klamath Falls