KLAMATH RIVER, Calif. -- The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) responded to a shooting last night in Klamath River, where they found one man dead at the scene. They have identified the victim as Henry Lee Mortensen, 40.
The victim's father, Stanley Mortensen, 76, was questioned by detectives at the scene of the crime. He became a suspect after investigation by the SCSO's Major Crimes Unit. Mortensen was then arrested and booked into Siskiyou County Jail for murder.
The SCSO revealed in a statement that the victim had suffered a gunshot wound, however there is no word yet on the circumstances of the murder, or whether it arose from an altercation.
Mortensen will be arraigned on Thursday at 3pm, in Siskiyou County Superior Court.
- Klamath River Man Arrested For Murdering His Son
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested After Pursuit
- Drop In Klamath River Flows Lead to Fish Die-Off
- UPDATE: Klamath River Dams Increase Flow to Protect Fish
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested in Douglas County After Deputy Pursuit
- Family Planning Candlelight Vigil for Klamath Falls Murder Victim
- Klamath County Declares Drought Emergency
- Murder Charges Dismissed Against Man Accused of Killing Son
- Two Arrested Near Klamath Falls After Vehicle Theft