This morning's snow showers will turn into rain showers by the afternoon in the valley. The snow levels will rise throughout the day, and will fall between 2,000'-3,500'.
This morning the Rogue Valley saw a few snow and sleet showers. This is because clouds rolled in and trapped the cold air in the valley, keeping our temperatures either at or below the freezing mark.
The Cascades passes and the I-5 passes will see snow throughout today. The Cascades passes could see 2-5 inches of snow, the Siskiyou Summit could see 1-2 inches of snow and the Sexton Summit could see a dusting to a half inch. Mt. Ashland could see 3-6 inches in the next 24 hours.
If you plan to drive over the passes, make sure your car is winter ready.
This snow is good news for Mt. Ashland. The mountain could see 3-6 inches in the next 24 hours.
Stay with the Stormwatch12 weather team for the latest.
Click here for the Stormwatch12 interactive radar.
- STORMWATCH: Inches of Snow Expected on Mountain Passes
- Mt. Ashland Expecting Inches of Snow this Week
- 12 Inches of Snow Expected in High Elevations on Highway 140
- Parts of Northeast state see 8 inches of snow
- Venezuela is inching closer to collapse
- Up to 10 inches of snow predicted for Chicago and Detroit
- Fourth storm in three weeks to bring several inches of snow
- Christmas Eve snow and ice expected across much of US
- Brutal cold torments US; snow expected in Charleston, Savannah
- Plane Crash near Pueblo Mountains