KERBY, Ore. -- One person is dead after a three-vehicle crash on Highway 199 near Kerby. Oregon State Police believe that 46 year-old Joseph Pygman, driving southbound in a green Chevy van, crossed over into the northbound lane where he hit a Honda SUV. The driver of the SUV was evacuated by air to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The driver's name has not yet been released.
A white Mercedes, driven by 37 year-old Sang Coa Tran, ran into Pygman's van after the first collision. Tran was not injured.
The multi-vehicle crash on Highway 199 and Reeves Creek Road required assistance from several agencies, including the Illinois Valley. NewsWatch 12's Eliana Sheriff finds out how firefighters worked together to respond to the victims.
- Multi-Vehicle Crash On Hwy. 199 Leaves One Dead
- Crash on Highway 199
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Causes Delays on I-5
- One Man Dead After Crash On Highway 199
- Garbage Can On Interstate To Blame For Multi-Vehicle Crash
- UPDATE: One Person In Custody After Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Several injured in multi-vehicle crash in LA
- Three People Taken To Hospital Following Multi-Vehicle Crash
- Crash On Highway 199 Kills One, Injures Another
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Law Enforcement Closes U.S. 199