DEPOE BAY, Ore.-- Around 11am Thursday, the Oregon State Police responded to Depoe Bay for a report of a male that had been swept off the rocks near the sea wall.
Authorites say witnesses reported the male went over the sea wall to look at the ocean and was then swept off the rocks.
Depoe Fire and Recscue, Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, and the United States Coast Guard responded to assist with the search.
The Coast Guard helicopter from the Coast Guard Air Facility Newport responded to the area within ten minutes and the crew ,aboard a MH-65 Dolphin helicopter, is continuing the water search but the male has not been seen since.
OSP urges people to be aware of the sneaker waves, high water, debris pattern from ocean waves, and not to cross closed parking lots or parks that are closed due to the ocean conditions.
- Man Swept Away By Sea In Depoe Bay
- Man Swept Out to Sea Along Oregon Coast
- Coos Bay Man Found Guilty of Sex Abuse at Cambodian Orphanage
- Crash Kills Toll Worker on San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge
- Josephine County Man Shot
- Is "Man Flu" Real?
- Health Alert: "Man Flu"
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Man
- Man Crashes Into Minute Mart