ASHLAND, Ore. -- 37 Shakespeare plays in one year. That is what one Englishman accomplished this week in Ashland, while also celebrating his birthday.
Over the last year, Dan Wilson traveled all over the world to see all 37 Shakespeare plays. He challenged himself to see all of them in between his 37th and 38th birthdays. He accomplished the goal on the day itself.
He traveled to Oregon from England Wednesday, the day he turned 38, to complete what he calls his "Shakespeare Quest" seeing Pericles at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. He even performed one of the plays in England to make the achievement possible.
“One of the lesser known Shakespeare plays “Henry VIII” is seldom performed, so I had to perform that,” Wilson said. “I got a cast together, got a director and we put that on above a pub in my hometown of Brighton, England."
Wilson went to see the OSF play Guys and Dolls on Thursday. He also got to meet the cast of Pericles during his visit.
- Englishman Completes "Shakespeare Quest" at OSF
- OSF Receives $25,000 Shakespeare in American Communities Grant
- Shakespeare Festival's 80th Anniversary
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Celebrates Juneteenth
- Shakespeare’s “Mary’s Gold”
- OSF Celebrates Juneteenth
- OSF Welcomes New Literary Director
- OSF Actor Catherine Coulson Dies
- OSF Auctions Bears for Charity
- OSF Launches Living Ideas Series