ASHLAND, Ore. -- The Oregon Shakespeare Festival has announced Amrita Ramanan as their new Director of Literary Development and Dramaturgy.
Ramanan comes to the festival from Double Edge Theatre in Ashfield, Mass., where she worked as the company’s associate producer and dramaturg.
“I've had a massive artistic crush on the Oregon Shakespeare Festival for the past 10 years,” says Ramanan, “…and deeply admire their holistic model of developing and bringing a broad spectrum of classic, contemporary and new performance work reflective of the cultural richness of our world to the stage. OSF's mission, vision and programming is revolutionary in its approach to representation and inclusion, actively and transparently tackling the questions and complexities of how we achieve genuine diversification onstage, backstage and in our audiences.”
Ramanan received a B.F.A. in dramaturgy and theater history from the University of Arizona.
- OSF Welcomes New Literary Director
- OSF Celebrates Juneteenth
- OSF Actor Catherine Coulson Dies
- OSF Auctions Bears for Charity
- OSF Launches Living Ideas Series
- OSF Actor Dies From Cancer
- OSF Offers $10 Community Rush Discount
- OSF Prepares for 2016 Outdoor Shows
- OSF Preview Shows to Begin Friday
- OSF: Behind the Curtain - Show Selection