The program sends OSF actors directly to schools throughout Oregon, Washington, California and Kansas.
Actors will engage with students from diverse backgrounds through live performances and active workshops.
OSF founder Angus Bowmer created the School Visit Program in 1971 as a way to reach a wider audience. Over the years OSF has reached over 2 million students in over 7,000 schools in 12 western states.
“As we celebrate the 45th anniversary season of the School Visit Program, the world is also marking the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death,” said Joan Langley, OSF Director of Education. “I can think of no better way to honor the legacy of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s namesake playwright than to continue inspiring the next generation of theatre audiences and artists by bringing dynamic, participatory art directly into schools.”
- OSF to Launch 45th Anniversary School Visit Program Tour
- OSF Launches Living Ideas Series
- OSF: Behind the Curtain - Backstage Tour
- OSF Invites Community to Tour New Hay-Patton Rehearsal Center
- OSF Celebrates Juneteenth
- OSF Welcomes New Literary Director
- OSF Actor Catherine Coulson Dies
- OSF Auctions Bears for Charity
- OSF Actor Dies From Cancer
- AIFF Director of Programming Visits Toronto