ASHLAND, Ore. -- Due to a shipping delay, the scheduled Oscar-nominated short documentaries will not screen tonight at the Varsity.
Instead, the following Oscar-nominated animated and live action short will be shown:
Sanjay’s Super Team – dir. Sanjay Patel, USA, 7 minutes
World of Tomorrow – dir. Don Hertzfeldt, USA, 17 minutes
Bear Story – dir. Gabriel Osorio, Chile, 11 minutes
We Can’t Live Without Cosmos – dir. Konstantin Bronzit, Russia, 16 minutes
If I Was God (bonus film) – dir. Cordell Barker, Canada, 8 minutes
The Short Story of a Fox and a Mouse (bonus film) dir. Hugo Jean, Juliette Jourdan, Kévin Roger, Marie Pillier, Camille Chai, France, 7 minutes
The Loneliest Spotlight (bonus film) dir. Bill Plympton, USA
Catch It (bonus film) France
Prologue - This film is NOT suitable for young viewers. The film features graphic illustrated violence and full male nudity. The film will be screened as the last entry in the Animated program, at the very end, and will be preceded by a parental guidance title-card.
Live Action Shorts:
Ave Maria – dir. Basil Khalil, Palestine/France/Germany, 15 minutes
Shok – dir. Jamie Donoughue, Kosovo/UK, 21 minutes
Everything Will Be Okay – dir. Patrick Vollrath, Germany/Austria, 30 minutes
Stutterer – dir. Benjamin Cleary, UK/Ireland, 12 minutes
Day One – dir. Henry Hughes, USA, 25 minutes
The show still benefits the Ashland Independent Film Festival. Presale ticket holders and at the door purchasers may use their ticket to see the animated and live action shorts tonight and may keep and use the ticket stub to return anytime through Thursday, Feb. 18 to see the short documentaries for free.
Those who have pre-purchased may request a refund from the Varsity Theatre Box Office.
The Oscar-nominated short documentaries will start playing Saturday, Feb. 13 at 3:45 p.m.
- Oscar Short Documentaries Changed to Animation & Live Action
- Oscar-Nominated Short Documentaries to Play Friday
- AIFF Benefit Screening: Oscar Nominated Shorts
- Oscar Night Fundraising Gala
- Oscar Nominations Connect Hollywood to Southern Oregon
- AIFF's Executive Director Discusses the Oscars
- New Rules Govern Handling of Oscar Envelopes
- Oscar Nominations Spotlight Women Leaders, Filmmakers
- 11th Annual AIFF Oscar Gala Celebrates Local Winner
- Old Films Brought Back to Life in Ashland Independent Film Festival Documentary