EAGLE POINT, Ore.--The Eagle Point Eagles (3-6, 2-5) closed out their regular season with a 49-16 loss to the Marist Catholic Spartans (5-4, 5-2) on Friday night.
Spartans running back Aavante Clark had four rushing touchdowns to give him 13 on the season, and sophomore quarterback Max Campbell (who started for the third straight game in place of the injured Reow Jackson) connected on a deep touchdown pass with wide receiver Hagen Stephenson.
Marist had already clinched a playoff spot before the game began, and now hopes the win will do enough to vault it into the top eight (doubtful, though possible) so that it can host a first-round playoff game.
For Eagle Point, it finishes its season on a three-game losing streak, but with many of its core skill players returning in 2018, there's plenty of optimism.
Freshman running back Devin Bradd was explosive once again--as he rushed for a touchdown and got the bulk of the carries in place of injured junior Noah Page.
The Eagles also return quarterback Cameron Morgan in 2018 for his senior season.
- Friday Night Blitz: Freshman Bradd Shines for Eagle Point On Senior Night, Eagles Fall to Marist
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- UPDATE: Funeral Services for Three Slain Eagle Point Seniors at EPHS Stadium
- Eagle Point Police Chief Retires, Interim Chief Appointed
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Eagle Point School District Prepares for Potential School Bond
- Eagle Point Students Create Chalk Memorial to Honor Their Classmates
- Memorial Fund Created for Three Eagle Point Students