TALENT, Ore. -- Reports say Koni Lynn Berry told her friends she would only be gone for 20 minutes. But those 20 minutes eventually went much longer, ending in tragic fashion.
Police say Berry had a large sum of money and planned to use it to buy drugs. Investigators also note that Berry was known to deal with Mexican nationals who were in the U.S. illegally and frequently involved in local drug deals.
Berry, who was 30 years old, was last seen at the Talent Club in Talent, then reported missing in January 1995. However, it wasn’t until a few months later when a bigger break in the case would come.
Her car was found somewhere between Phoenix and Medford, near some pear orchards, while her body was eventually located near Anderson Butte Road a few months later in April 1995.
According to police and other reports, Berry’s body had multiple stab wounds, and the money she originally had was all gone.
Investigators did identify two people of interest in this case – a Hispanic man and his brother, but the case notes point out that both ended up fleeing to Mexico before police were able to contact them.
- Unsolved: Koni Lynn Berry (1995)
- Unsolved: Danny Lee Kelley (1995)
- Berry Blue Salad
- Unsolved: Gregory Bowles (2015)
- Unsolved: Kimberly Mericle (2017)
- Unsolved: Christopher Evans (2013)
- Unsolved: Jeremy Bright (1986)
- Unsolved: Kattie Talbert (1998)
- Unsolved: Dwain Hodge (2014)
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)