JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. -- Robert Michael Bobo was last seen in 1998 at his remote campsite outside of Prospect, off Highway 62.
The campground was near Woodruff Meadows. The 39-year-old was reported to have last been seen by a friend who dropped him off at that campsite in the Rogue River National Forest between Prospect and Union Creek.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office notes Bobo was a transient, but had left all of his items at the campsite - describing that as unusual behavior. This is also confirmed in a report saying the morning after Bobo was dropped off, a friend came to pick him up but Bobo was nowhere to be found.
In 2014, cold case investigation teams said DNA samples from Bobo’s brother were obtained and sent to Oregon State Police for analysis.
Still - police have found no evidence of foul play and no body has yet been found. The case still remains open.
- Unsolved: Robert Michael Bobo (1998)
- Unsolved: Kattie Talbert (1998)
- Unsolved: Derrick Engebretson (1998)
- Unsolved: Jeremy Bright (1986)
- Unsolved: Gregory Bowles (2015)
- Unsolved: Kimberly Mericle (2017)
- Unsolved: Christopher Evans (2013)
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)
- Unsolved: Dwain Hodge (2014)
- Unsolved: Sheron Cheney (1997)