MEDFORD, Ore. - Children are back in school and so are bullies.
Here are some tips to help your kids to not become a victim of bullying:
- Make sure your kids know bullying is unacceptable. Experts say to check in with your kids and often.
- Parents should know who their children are friends with. Encourage kids to do what they love. That'll boost their confidence and they're more likely to make friends.
- Make sure they know to speak to a trusted adult if they're bullied or if they see it happening to someone else. Even if they can't solve the problem, they can give support and advice.
- When dealing with bullies, kids need to tell the person to stop or just walk away. If they're scared, tell your child to stay near adults or groups of children.
- Finally, even if your kids aren't bullied, urge them to be kind to others. Make sure your children are leading by example and always treat others with respect.