[UPDATE] - The deaths are now being investigated as a murder-suicide.
At 10:05 a.m. Medford Police responded to the 1200 block of Covina Avenue for a welfare check after 50 year old Charmaine Crunk did not arrive at work. Upon arrival officers could see one person inside the home that was unresponsive. Officers had to force entry inside the residence. Once inside officers located two bodies. They have been identified as 50 year old Charmaine Crunk, and 51 year old Eric Hilsenberg.
According to a news release from Medford Police, both of them appeared to have died from gunshot wounds. Detectives believe Hilsenberg killed Crunk before taking his own life. The official cause and manner of death will be pending autopsy results.
It is believed Crunk and Hilsenberg both lived at the residence. Detectives believe Crunk and Hilsenberg had been involved in a twelve year relationship that ended last March.
The Medford Police Department was assisted by Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office and the Jackson County District Attorney's Office.
MEDFORD, Ore. -- Police found 2 people dead inside a home in Medford Tuesday morning.
According to Medford Police, officers responded to a welfare check at the 1200 block of Covina Avenue at about 10 a.m. this morning. Police saw 1 person unresponsive through the window blinds. After the police entered the home, they discovered another person dead.
Police say it was a man and woman. They are not releasing the identies yet, as they still need to notify the next of kin.
This is a developing story.
- Apparent Murder-Suicide Investigated at Medford Home
- UPDATE: Victim, Suspect Identified from Apparent Murder-Suicide Near Merlin
- Medford Police Investigating Stabbing
- Overnight Fire Destroys Medford Home
- Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting In Medford
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Garage Fire
- Fire Crews Investigating Downtown Medford Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating House Fire
- Medford Fire-Rescue Investigating Small Barn Fire