KDRV-TV, the Heartland Media-owned ABC affiliate in beautiful Southern Oregon, is looking for a Chief Engineer to lead its engineering/IT department.
Our engineering/IT team works hands-on installing, maintaining and evolving a broad range of broadcast, IT and office equipment/systems at our main facility in Medford, Oregon along with two transmitters and network of translators across our six county DMA.
Some of the key skills and qualifications we’re looking for in applicants for this position include:
• Minimum five years’ experience in broadcast engineering/IT required; supervisory experience is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in electronics or IT equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• SBE certification is a plus.
• Experience with Ross Overdrive and Imagine/Harris systems, digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
• Experience with AUTOCAD or similar programs.
• Skilled with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Prior experience assisting in the preparation of operating and capital expense budgets helpful.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work extended hours, as needed.
• Must be able to use, transport, and lift equipment weighing approximately fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license.
If you have the drive to lead an engineering/IT department at a market leading station located in a beautiful part of the Pacific Northwest, then this could be the job for you!
Our station is located in the Rogue Valley near the Southern Oregon Wine Trail and is just a short drive away from great hiking, mountain biking, skiing, golfing, fishing, whitewater rafting, the Britt Festival’s concerts under the stars, and the Tony award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival. If you still need an occasional big city fix, then Portland and San Francisco are just a short direct flight or a few hours’ drive away.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume, references and link to resume reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If by mail send to:
Attention: Office Administrator
P.O. Box 4220
Medford, OR 97501
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN IS REQUIRED. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license. KDRV-TV is an equal opportunity employer.