KDRV-TV, the Heartland Media-owned ABC affiliate in beautiful Southern Oregon, is looking for an Assistant Chief Engineer with the potential to step up and lead the engineering/IT department when our current chief retires.
Our engineering/IT team work hands-on installing, maintaining and evolving a broad range of broadcast, IT and office equipment/systems at our main facility in Medford, Oregon along with two transmitters and network of translators across our six county DMA.
Some of the key skills and qualifications we’re looking for in applicants for this position include:
• Minimum five years’ experience in broadcast engineering/IT required; supervisory experience is a plus
• SBE certification is a plus
• AS degree in electronics or IT equivalent strongly preferred
• Experience with AUTOCAD or similar programs
• Skilled with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Prior experience assisting in the preparation of operating and capital expense budgets helpful
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills; a “team player”
• Ability to perform effectively under extreme deadline pressure
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
• Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
• Must be able to use, transport, and lift equipment weighing approximately fifty (50) pounds
KDRV-TV is located in sunny corner of the Pacific Northwest. You’ll live and work just a short drive away from hunting, fishing, golfing, skiing, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, the Britt Festival’s concerts under the stars, and the Tony award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival. If you need an occasional big city fix, then Portland and San Francisco are just a short direct flight or a few hours’ drive away.
If you have the drive and potential to lead an engineering/IT department at a market leading station located in a beautiful part of the Pacific Northwest, then this could be the job for you!
Email cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com.
If by mail send to: KDRV-TV Office Administrator 1090 Knutson Ave. Medford, OR 97504
A pre-employment drug screen is required. Must possess or be able to obtain an Oregon driver’s license. Equal opportunity employer.