Soda Mountain Broadcasting, Inc. is accepting applications for the position of:
OPENING DATE: August 29, 2013
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
• Bachelors degree in meteorology or atmospheric sciences and 3-5 years on-air experience
• Preference given to candidates with AMS and/or NWS seal
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; a team player
• Strong interest in social media content production and distribution
• Must be able to use, transport, and lift equipment, total weight approximately fifty-five (55) pounds
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license
• Prepare and present weather forecasts for multiple distribution platforms, including television, radio, print, online, and mobile. Anchor weathercasts in-studio or live on location. Keep current on topical meteorology, science and technology issues and computer graphics operation. Maintain close liaison with NWS representatives. Report science stories, feature stories and produce sweeps series and specials as assigned. Represent station at various community functions. Serving as a public representative of NewsWatch 12 at various community functions. Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• This is a full-time position; rate of pay is salaried.
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN IS REQUIRED
Email cover letter, resume, references and link to resume reel to: email@example.com.
If by mail send to:
Ms. Carla Singler
1090 Knutson Ave.
Medford, OR 97504
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER