NEAR GRANTS PASS, Ore.– Another evacuation advisory was added to the area of the Onion Mountain Fire, Wednesday. The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office said all people of Limpy Creek Rd. system from Riverbanks Rd. to the West should be prepared to evacuate. This is in addition to the ones that have been in place for a couple days now. All the advisories are a level one. There are no level two orders.
These all include:
1. The entire Pickett Creek area, including Pickett Creek Rd, West Pickett Creek Rd and all roads off of those. Everything North of the Robertson Bridge on the West side of the Rogue River.
2. All of the Shan Creek Rd. system from Riverbanks Rd. to the west.
3. Riverbanks Rd. from Limpy Creek Rd. to the Robertson Bridge.
4. All of Limpy Creek Rd. system from Riverbanks Rd. to the west. (Added Wednesday)
5. All of Taylor Creek Rd. (FS25 Rd) road system from Galice Road, including connection to the 2509 Road that enters Hwy. 199 at the top of Hayes Hill.
6. Galice Creek Rd. to Soldier Camp and everything south.
A community meeting will be held tomorrow night at the Fleming Middle School at 6:30p.m.
Today that fire is now up to more than 3,700 acres with 5 percent containment. Fire officials said this was about a 600 acre growth in the last day.
Today smoke is limiting crews from being able to get up into the air for some parts of the fire. Officials said this may ground some aircraft.